|Version 19 (modified by phil, 7 years ago)|
What is Gobby?
Gobby is a free collaborative editor supporting multiple documents in one session and a multi-user chat. It runs on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and other Unix-like platforms.
It uses GTK+ 2.6 as its windowing toolkit and thus integrates nicely into the GNOME desktop environment.
We use this site not only to present Gobby, but also to coordinate the further development of it and the core libraries it depends on, namely net6 and obby.
obby is the foundation of Gobby, providing the whole framework to synchronise changes within a text document to other participants of a session. New clients and plugins for existing applications could be written using it. It is written in C++ and C wrappers have yet to be created.
net6 is an IP client/server library providing a flexible framework to send packets to each other using C++. It supports TCP and UDP, IPv4 and IPv6 and is thus a valuable base for network development.
- WikiForum -- first Hellos, ideas, stuff
- ReleaseNotes -- Notes about recent releases and upcoming features
- WikiFormatting -- How to format the entries in this wiki
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- InstallationGuide -- How to install Gobby
- ObbyMailingLists -- obby mailing lists
- ObbyInternals -- How obby works
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.